Do you want to work for a creative, fun business? We are the UK's leading school and nursery playground company and a Sunday Times top 100 company. We are fun-loving, hardworking, and very passionate about providing exciting play experiences in an inspiring outdoor learning environment for children across the UK.
You will be based in our northern office, which is currently being developed to support the company's expansion plans. Our office will embody everything we are about and our strong inclusive family culture.
Everyone here is valued! Our company values ensure we respect one another and empower us to reach our potential. Due to the continued growth of the company we require an Apprentice Playground Visualiser to join our ever-growing family.
The Job Role
As a visualiser at Pentagon, you will be working closely with our team of Outdoor Learning Consultants to create industry leading 3D design presentations of bespoke, educational play environments.
Starting off with a 2D concept, you will use a range of design software’s to bring a scheme to life through accurate 3D modelling, playful animation and stunning renders before composing your final presentation in Adobe’s InDesign. Schemes must conform to relevant safety play design standards (BS EN 1176) which you will be trained on.
Your design blueprint will also be used by our team of expert installers to build the playground on site so a keen eye for detail is a must!
We have a forward thinking approach and good ideas are always valued and acted upon. This is an exciting time for the department as we grow and begin to include the use of more and more innovative technologies.
- Positivity – A Penta-CAN attitude.
- Adaptability – Every day’s a school day.
- Innovation – Continuous improvement and more from less.
- Empathy – Looking after one another.
- Honesty – The best policy.
- Collaboration – Teamwork makes the dream work.
- IT – Basic computer and IT skills
- Creativity – In playground designs and creative projects.
- Installation Awareness –Your install plans set out our schemes.
- Understanding the Brief – Essential – you communicate consultant’s designs.
- Communication – Listening, asking questions, being on the same page.
- More from Less– Being efficient with time, communication, presentation.
- Aesthetic sensibility – Knowing what looks good.
- Collaborator – Working with others, being a team player.
- Listener – Taking in information, understanding the point.
- Proactive – Keeping productive, not waiting on information.
- Attention to detail – Our customers will pay attention.
- Vision – Imagining what will work visually, before doing it.
What you will gain from this apprenticeship
- Skills in CAD , 3D Design, visualisation and composition
- Understanding of construction and installation
- Site experience
- A collaborative work environment
- An in depth insight into the educational play industry
- Be a part of a forwards thinking Times Top 100 Company
- GCSE’s in English & Math A-C required.
- A GCSE in an Art and/or Design related subject would be beneficial
What we can offer you
- 11.5k P.A. rising to 12k after a 6 month probation period.
- 37.5 Mon – Fri 8.00 – 16.00
- Driving license preferable due to location of office.
- Course structure will be 4 days based in the office and 1 day dedicated to college work which can be completed at work or home (after probation period).
- Job Type: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- Salary: £11,500.00 per year
If you would like to apply for this job, please email your CV and Cover Letter to Alicia@pentagonplay.co.uk with the job title as the subject.