We have an opportunity for a Bench Joiner to join our team.
As a workshop joiner, you’ll play a hands-on role forming part of our manufacturing team. You will be responsible for building products prior to dispatch. It is a fast-moving role that will see you manufacturing and assembling products for use within a child friendly environment.
A keen eye for detail and the ability to follow specific manufacturing processes are key to the role.
This is a physical role that involves carrying and lifting, so you’ll need to be comfortable with being on your feet for most of the day. You will be working both indoors and outdoors throughout the year, so being occasionally ‘exposed to the elements’ will not phase you. You may occasionally be required to work overtime and on weekends during peak times. These are prior to and during school holiday periods.
You’ll also need to be literate and numerate and demonstrate confident communication skills as you will liaise with colleagues at all levels of management on a day-to-day basis. Good organisational and administration skills are also key to this role, as is your ability to work well within a team.
A driving licence would be advantageous due to the location of our workshop.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01625 890 330, then Option 2
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly organised and have administration skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Team player and compassionate
- Cutting and measuring of materials
- Building of stock / standard products
- Building of “bespoke” one off items when required
- Quality control of your own and others work – spot checks.
- Assisting with stock checking and control
- Keeping the workshop / warehouse & yard clean and tidy
- Be Health & Safety conscious
- Job Title: Workshop Bench Joiner
- Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
- Place of Work: SK11 9AP
- Salary: Dependent on age and experience
- Holiday Entitlement: 20 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Hours per Week: 42.5 hours (with 2 x paid 30min breaks per day)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Company Pension Scheme