Job Description: Playground Installer
Base Location: Bradley Stoke, Bristol
Salary: National Minimum Wage to £13 per hour, Full-time, Permanent (depending on experience and appointed role)
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30 on site (this does not include driving/travelling to site)
Do you want to work with a creative, fun and family-owned business looking to recruit likeminded people to join our team? If you are a team player, love working outdoors (in all weathers!), undertaking manual labour and creating something really special for the next generation this could be the job for you.
We are the UK's leading designers of outdoor learning environments for schools and nurseries and pride ourselves in our approach to developing play. We are a fun-loving and hardworking family, passionate about improving the play experiences and learning outcomes of children across the UK and we make sure that we have fun doing so too.
As many businesses across the UK have experienced, we have had a challenging year navigating through new ways of work and life. Now more than ever our customers have recognised the value of outdoor learning and play, and we have been delighted to see so many of them continuing to get in touch throughout.
The support from our customers means that now is the right time to welcome new colleagues to resume our growth plans.
Pentagon are looking to recruit a 3-person team to install learning environments into schools, nurseries, public spaces, and other outdoor areas.
This will include everything from digging holes and doing ground works, to building gazebos/canopies and installing climbing frames as well as putting the door onto the oven of a mud kitchen.
Working from design drawings you will be responsible for bringing to life the designs, receiving deliveries on site and project managing.
What does the job entail?
Based from our Bristol Office/warehouse – duties will include working on site, based mainly in and around Bristol, and further afield like Swindon, Weston Super-Mare, Gloucester. Depending on business needs, you may be required to work further afield and stay over during an install.
- Installing play equipment and laying artificial surfacing, digging holes, manually carrying materials and equipment from delivery point to install location(s) on site
- Liaising and communicating with the customers/schools on site/face to face
- Following install instructions, interpret and follow design drawings, provide constructive feedback regarding the installation and equipment
- Carrying out the safe, efficient installation to specification of our playground equipment sites throughout the south of the UK
- Carry out remedial work and repairs to previously installed equipment
- In time and depending on previous experience build and install basic play equipment and surfacing, with support and training go onto install Gazebos and Canopies
- Be capable of working to the high Pentagon standard to achieve the install which is right first time
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations & safe working practices are adhered to at all times
- Represent and promote the Pentagon brand and maintain a professional image at all times
- Come completion of the install, liaise with the Head Teacher and complete a Sign off sheet
Who are we looking for?
Primarily, we are looking people who align with our company values. However, to be successful in the role, you will ideally have the below experience/desirables:
- Groundwork experience, labouring, landscaping, site managing at a basic level as a minimum
- Able to perform manual tasks in an outdoor environment
- You must have a full driving licence for this role and pass a DBS check without anything on record
- Ability to work as part of a team, including taking instruction when required, and/or be a leader, able to guide and support your co-workers
- Self-motivated and trustworthy
- Need a good eye for detail, be competent in all aspects of installation, assembly, quality and finishing and delivering exceptional customer service
- Candidates must have good problem solving and communication skills
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Be prepared to travel around the South of the UK which could include overnight stays during the week
- Ideally located within commuting distance to our South Office
Desirable Experience (training will be given):
- Previous experience of installing inground play equipment
- Groundworks experience
- Understanding of base works etc
- Installing artificial grass
- Operating a range of plant and equipment safely
- CSCS card advantage but not essential
- Accredited Playground Inspection Qualifications
What can we offer?
- Salary: National Minimum Wage to £13 per hour, Full-time, Permanent (depending on experience and appointed role)
- You will be permanently contracted to work 7.5 hours per day
- Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30 on site (this does not include driving/travelling to site)
- You will have 20 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas Shutdown
- After your 6-month probation, additional benefits will be provided including a bonus scheme, sick pay and invitation into the health care scheme
Start date: We are looking to recruit as soon as possible (flexible to wait for the right person)
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
The interview process will involve a telephone interview and 1 x face to face interview.
(No agency applications accepted)