Job Description: Playground Installer Team Leader
Base Location: Bradley Stoke, Bristol
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per year
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30 on site (this does not include driving/travelling to site)
Winner of Top 100 Small Companies to Work for in 2020!
Do you want to work with a fun and creative business looking to recruit like-minded people to join our team? If you are a team player, love working outdoors (in all weathers!), undertaking manual labour and creating something really special for the next generation this could be the job for you. We are the UK's leading designers of outdoor learning environments for schools and nurseries and pride ourselves in our approach to developing play. This role will play a key part in delivering outstanding spaces for children to learn and play.
Pentagon are looking to recruit a Team Leader to manage a 3-person team (including Team Leader) to install learning environments into schools, nurseries, public spaces, and other outdoor areas..
What does the job entail?
Based from our Bristol Office duties will include working on site, based mainly in and around Bristol. Overnight stays during training as needed but majority of work will be within commuting distance of Bristol office.
- To lead a team installing Pentagon projects and manage site throughout
- Liaising and communicating with the customers/schools on site/face to face
- Installing play equipment and laying artificial surfacing, digging holes, manually carrying materials and equipment from delivery point to install location(s) on site
- Following install instructions, interpret and follow design drawings, provide constructive feedback regarding the installation and equipment
- Carrying out the safe, efficient installation to specification of our playground equipment sites
- Carry out remedial work and repairs to previously installed equipment
- In time and depending on previous experience build and install basic play equipment and surfacing, with support and training go onto install Gazebos and Canopies
- Be capable of working to the high Pentagon standard to achieve the install which is right first time
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations & safe working practices are adhered to at all times
- Represent and promote the Pentagon brand and maintain a professional image at all times
- Come completion of the install, liaise with the Head Teacher and complete a Sign off sheet
Who are we looking for?
Primarily, we are looking for people who align with our company values. However, to be successful in the role, you will ideally have the below experience/desirables:
- Groundwork experience, labouring, landscaping, site managing at a basic level as a minimum
- Able to perform manual tasks in an outdoor environment
- Pass a DBS check without anything on record
- Ability to work as part of a team, including taking instruction when required, and/or be a leader
- Self-motivated and trustworthy
- Need a good eye for detail, be competent in all aspects of installation, assembly, quality and finishing and delivering exceptional customer service
- Candidates must have good problem solving and communication skills
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Be prepared to travel around the South of the UK which could include overnight stays during the week
- Ideally located within commuting distance to our South Office
- Full driving licence
Desirable Experience (training will be given)
- Previous experience of Installing inground play equipment
- Fencing experience
- Understanding of base works etc
- Installing artificial grass
- Operating a range of plant and equipment safely
- CSCS card advantage but not essential
- Accredited Playground Inspection Qualifications
What can we offer?
- Up to £3,500 cross company bonus
- Company van (no private usage), mobile phone, uniform
- 32 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays and Christmas shut down)
- After your 6-month probation, additional benefits will be provided including a bonus scheme, sick pay and invitation into the health care scheme
Start date: We are looking to recruit as soon as possible (flexible to wait for the right person)