Job Description: Playground Installer Team Member
Base Location: Bradley Stoke, Bristol
Salary: £19,000 - £22,000 per year
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30 on site (this does not include driving/travelling to the site)
Winner of Top 100 Small Companies to Work for in 2020!
Do you want to work with a fun and creative business looking to recruit like-minded people to join our team? If you are a team player, love working outdoors (in all weathers!), undertaking manual labour and creating something really special for the next generation this could be the job for you. We are the UK's leading designers of outdoor learning environments for schools and nurseries and pride ourselves in our approach to developing play. This role will play a key part in delivering outstanding spaces for children to learn and play.
Pentagon are looking to recruit a playground installer team member as part of a 3 man team to install learning environments into schools, nurseries, public spaces, and other outdoor areas.
What does the job entail?
Based from our Bristol Office duties will include working on-site, based mainly in and around Bristol. Overnight stays during training as needed but majority of work will be within commuting distance of Bristol office.
- Work with team leader and communicate with office team and deliveries as required
- Installing play equipment and laying artificial surfacing, digging holes, manually carrying materials and equipment from the delivery point to install location(s) on site
- Carrying out the safe, efficient installation to the specification of our playground equipment sites
- Be capable of working to the high Pentagon standard to achieve the install which is right first time
Who are we looking for?
Primarily, we are looking for people who align with our company values.
However, to be successful in the role, you will ideally have the below experience/desirables:
- Labouring and landscaping
- Able to perform manual tasks in an outdoor environment as part of a team
- Pass a DBS check without anything on record
- Self-motivated and trustworthy
- Eye for detail
- Full Driving Licence
Desirable Experience (training will be given)
- Previous experience of Installing inground play equipment
- Fencing experience
- Understanding of base works etc
- Installing artificial grass
- Operating a range of plant and equipment safely
What can we offer?
- Up to £3,500 cross-company bonus
- Company van (no private usage), mobile phone, uniform
- 32 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays and Christmas shut down)
- After your 6-month probation, additional benefits will be provided including a bonus scheme, sick pay and invitation into the health care scheme
Start date: We are looking to recruit as soon as possible (flexible to wait for the right person)