We have an exciting new opportunity for a CNC Operator and Strategist to join our growing manufacturing team in our Northern HQ, making timber playground products. As a company we’ve just invested in a new workshop and machinery, and you’ll be a key team member in our push to transform our manufacturing processes, driving through efficiencies and minimising waste whilst ensuring the highest quality products reach our customers.
What does the job entail?
You will be responsible for the production of timber and sheet components by our CNC machines, ready for our workshop assembly team and joiners to build products from.
You will be the first step in our new manufacturing process. Working with the warehouse team you will be responsible for the timber that is selected for processing, quality-checking before machining, using offcuts and minimising waste, and keeping an eye on and helping to manage stock levels with predicted workloads in mind. A keen eye and understanding of timber are essential at this stage.
You will become skilled at operating the machines and maximising their potential, changing settings, orientation of the material, setting the cutting, milling, drilling and tooling operations for each component to achieve the quickest and neatest results.
You will collaborate closely with the Products team to optimise designs for cutting – advising on joints and the machines capabilities to get the best possible product output in the most efficient time for cost savings.
You will work closely with the Manufacturing Manager, The Assembly Team, Production Planner and Warehouse Supervisor to ensure all deadlines are met. This will be a fast-moving role so time management and organisational skills are key.
Alongside the Manufacturing Manager and Products Team, you’ll be central in revolutionising the way we manufacture products. Working to update existing assemblies made in the old way (hand-operated tools) as well as helping develop new products, you will guide our approach with an in depth understanding of the machine, its abilities, and constraints.
Applicants must have previous knowledge of joinery, machining, manufacture or construction is needed.
- Reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager
- Machine timber and sheet components for playground product assemblies, optimising all component files for speed and quality
- Planning, scheduling and organising component output just in time for assembly builds
- Ensuring maintenance of the machines and following Health and Safety protocols
- Waste management – minimise waste through efficient operation of the machine and develop a process for reusing offcuts
- Reporting on machine productivity and waste
- Collaborate with Products team on existing product revisions and new products
- Problem solver
- Great communicator
- Collaborates well
- Team player and compassionate
- Attention to detail is second nature
- Keen time manager
- Practically minded
- Technically minded and skilled with computers
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Experience in manufacturing/playground industry
- CAD knowledge beneficial
- Computer literate and willing to learn
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Skilled in Excel
Job Title: CNC Operator and Strategist
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Place of Work: CW10 0HS
Salary: £22 - £26K (depending on experience) with Health Care after 3-month probation
Holiday Entitlement: 24 days per year plus bank holidays
Start Date: ASAP