Winner of Top 100 Small Companies to work for in 2020!
Do you want to work for a creative, fun and family friendly business? We’re the UK's leading school and nursery playground company, 60 vibrant people who work and play together. We are a fun-loving and hardworking family that is passionate about improving the play experiences and learning outcomes of children across the UK.
We’re hoping to find a good person for a good job, someone who really lives our values...
- Positivity - Find the silver lining or lesson learnt and spread that joy and happiness!
- Empathy - Actively listen with care and kindness
- Adaptability - When the opportunity arises, be willing and eager to adjust
- Collaboration - Teamwork makes the dream work – together we can achieve more
- Honesty - Tell the truth, stay true to your word and don’t be afraid to speak out
- Innovation - Believe in your ideas, always experiment and never rest on your laurels
Here at Pentagon, our mission is to ‘improve children’s lives today, to shape happier and healthier grown-ups tomorrow’. To make this happen we all work together, your role with us will be working within the operations team as a Workshop Manager
What can we offer?
- £30,000 Annual Salary
- Up to £3,500 discretionary cross company bonus scheme
- Building a team around your vision ( with support )
- 32 days of paid holiday (inclusive of company shut down/bank holiday)
- Gym, playroom and plenty of team socials!
This is the start of a brand new team here at Pentagon, the successful candidate will be leading their own team and become an indispensable part of daily operations. We are aiming to build a brand new department and have a brand new CNC machine Axyz 6022 Flat-Bed CNC arriving in September.
What experience do I need?
To truly be successful in the role, ideally you will have the below experience that we can build on together:
- Competent operator of all workshop manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of workshop setup is desirable
- CAD experience would be advantageous
- Highly process driven and efficient
- CNC programming experience is desirable
- Proficient with joinery hand and power tools such as hand routers, table saws, Mortise/tenon machinery.
- You must have a full driving license for this role and pass a DBS check