Rope and Pulley Materials Mover
Our product code: P-IC-MSW-RPMM_B
Our unique Rope and Pulley Materials Mover provides an enclosed pulley system where children can load up mud, sand, or water and transfer the materials from one area to another. This is great for connecting different play areas whilst also transporting materials from A to B.
The rope circuit runs overhead with a bucket suspended from the ropes above. It then feeds up and down one of the vertical posts, this is where children can pull on the ropes to work the mechanisms, moving the suspended bucket along from one side to the other.
Why not connect a planting area with a mud kitchen? A sandpit with a construction zone? Or a water source with a water wall? And encourage cooperation between your children, developing their teamwork and social skills.
With the pulleys neatly enclosed inside clear boxes children can safely see the pulleys working, this introduces them to scientific topics such as mechanisms.
- Size (L x H): Up to 3000mm x 1800mm
- Clear polycarbonate-fronted steel pulley enclosures (so you can see the workings!)
- Nylon pulley wheels
- Static abseil rope (so it doesn't stretch and sag further)
- Fully tensionable pulley enclosure (use a spanner to add more tension)
- Pentagon-design rope clamp (easy to re-tighten as part of regular maintenance)
Guidance for use:
- Must be used under teacher supervision only.
- Ropes must be kept taught by maintaining the rope tension, by using a spanner on the bolt securing the tensioning enclosure (turn one way to tighten, the other to loosen)
- Ensure the rope clamp is kept tightened